In 1826,Robert and Maria Masterson,early settlers to Marion County, built this Georgian stone cottage. The central hall with four main rooms and four fireplaces on the main floor remain as constructed 195 years ago. Kitchen has some updated cabinetry and a small half bath is tucked in the back hall. Three bedrooms and a full bath with laundry are located on the 2nd floor. Original millwork, 9 over 6 windows, oak flooring, walnut curved staircase, grained cabinets and four mantles have been restored to their original splendor. This property set vacant for over 40 years when Norman& Evalie Hare took on this amazing restoration. In 1986, 4 brick chimneys were rebuilt, windows restored, dormers restored. Modern mechanical systems (heating and air conditioning)and 200 amp service added. 48x50 metal barn built with attached 4 car carport, includes heated woodworking shop, 3 sliding doors, 2 hoists, 100 amp electric, water. 100's of trees. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Property Link: /property/5025-County-Road-403-Hannibal-MO-63401-PRG21041870
|Lot Dimensions:||3 acres m/l||Heating:||Forced Air|
|Square Footage:||Garage Spaces:||0|
|Lot Square Footage:||130,680 Sq. Ft.||County:||Marion|
|Elementary School:||Palmyra Elem.||Taxes:||$1,307|